idrift4wd
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: Three Hundred and Thirty Five

Garage List
2007 BMW  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerwillingham View Post
I wouldn't consider 70K + the mileage that you need to be scared of. I bought my '97 M3 with 165k and I've put over 10k on it in the last year and a half and I haven't had to do a single mechanical piece of work except an oil pan gasket.

I bought my '07 335i a little over a month ago with 82k. I was fine with the "higher" mileage because of the price (it was good with all of the options I have) and it was under CPO for the last 3 weeks I owned it. The previous owner got all of their maintenance done at a BMW dealer. I have a 6MT and even the clutch is fine.

You can get good deals on early 335s with 70-80k and I think that people should definitely hop on those prices as long as they're careful and look at the service records and thoroughly inspect the car before you buy it.

EDIT: This all being said, look for cars that are running out of a CPO if you're looking for a budget buy. Most likely the work has been taken care of up to that point and you shouldn't inherit a bunch of problems

im pretty sure your e36 engine is more reliable then the n54. youve had your car for a month. lol i want to see your response a year from now, but best of luck!