View Single Post
      12-23-2012, 10:51 AM   #18
roundel335
Brigadier General

Drives: 13 335i Sedan, 11 128i Cabrio

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorkor View Post
+1 for Discount Tires (I go to their partner chain, America's Tire)

Same here, all seasons are my winter tire as snow is rare, just water and some ice on occasion. I put the Nitto Motivo on my car last month for the winter time. More contact patch than Conti EC DWS'S, better UTQG, asymmetrical but not directional so you can rotate and cheaper to boot! I like Nitto, use them on the track car and after a few thousand miles, been really happy.
What's the UTQG rating on the all-season Nittos? I have Conti DW on both my cars, and as I recall, they're rated at 340, which is way better than the typical 220-280 of other performance summer tires. I was skeptical about how you could have both grip and longer wear on the same performance tire, but their assymetrical tread compound apparently works quite well. I have also had great luck with GoodYear Eagle F1 Assymetrics, but the Contis ride a little better.

Regarding Sears, they actually carry good tire brands, and their installers are on par with the big tire chains. Plus - remember that Sears has some of the best tools you can buy - Craftsman - with a lifetime guarantee. Now, I probably wouldn't go there for any type of repair work, but for a flat tire or new tires, I would give them a shot. I just happen to have an excellent Discount Tire place closer to me than Sears.

2013 F30 335i M-Sport 8AT/MPE/MPPK, 2011 128i M-sport Cabrio 6MT/PE
roundel335 is offline   United_States