12-24-2012, 07:40 AM   #6
Sparky68
Brigadier General

Drives: e90 335i JB4

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by idnan View Post
My advice would be to remove the cowl and airbox first. Then remove the pipes which connect to the diverter valves from the air intake tubes. Also pull off the vacuum tubes for the diverter valves as you need these for your BOV.

After that take remove the large C clip which holds the CP to the throttle body and then undo the jubilee on the intercooler side. Don't lose the C clip as it can't be bought from BMW on its own. Next is the torx bolt near the middle of the charge pipe which holds it in place. The MAP sensor will still be connected at this point, it is a bit fiddly to remove but a thin screwdriver and a bit of patience will allow you to remove the wiring loom. You might be able to wiggle the CP out and twist it and then remove the wiring but you don't want to stretch the cables.

Space isn't so bad on that side, trying to do anything on the turbo/steering column side is a complete pisstake. I have big hands and need to change the engine mount which looks to be impossible
1/2 a days work then idnan ? Will wait for the weather to improve a bit first, may sell the 335 and buy a boat