View Single Post
      12-24-2012, 12:48 PM   #7
Blindside_137
Major General

Drives: '09 E93 Space Gray 328

I used VHT Nite shades.

I don't recommend that shit at all on a BMW. I sanded and prepped very carefully. But the first coat I freaked out. Instead of an even layer the crap was literally spitting out of the can onto the sidemarker. It made a very blotchy and "dotted" look that only became uniform at about 8 light coats.

They look great from about 4 feet away and you won't notice unless you insepcted them.. but the finished product up close looks like it doesn't belong on a BMW.

I'll try to upload some pics.

I've heard hobby store paint might work better than VHT. You could look in to that. Or a tint shop would be able to wrap them in a film of any darkness, and much more reversible than the Nite Shades.

Here's some pics

One light coat, horrendous coverage.

About 6-7 light coats, terrible look in the right angles

After some clear coats, looks much better because they're still wet (but imperfections still visible up close)

Mounted

Illuminated

Last edited by Blindside_137; 12-24-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Blindside_137 is offline   United_States