12-25-2012, 07:39 AM   #11
Wedge1967
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoB1 View Post
Just wondering what the lpfp upgrade is? And who makes it? Is it worth it? I'm looking to order the flex fuel kit now and also have rev2.5. Do u think its worth it to upgrade to rev3 first or should I just go for the kit on 2.5??? Thanks
LPFP Booster is a Walbro e85 High Performance designed for engines that make over 500 hp. It's rated to support 800 hp at 12v and 950 hp at 13.5v. It has a custom machined and anodized cap designed by FFTEC to convert it to an inline pump that minimizes flow resistance and boosted the on demand flow requirements needed to support higher hp using e85. It uses the stock fuel line connectors, so you don't have to cut any lines and it's completely reversible.

Do I think it's worth it. YES... I had mine installed before shift sector and haven't had a LPFP code sense I had it installed.

Upgrading to Rev 3 is simple. If you don't use Meth then NO. But if you do, I would recommend upgrading and then switching your PWM to allow the PROcede to control Meth rather than using the boost switch. It will allow you to purge the meth system from the volume button on the wheel. Comes in handy when your racing because you can make sure your system is primed at launch. You also have the NLS and 2 Step Rev Limiter.

Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions. If I can't help the guys at FFTEC or Vishnu can.