View Single Post
      12-25-2012, 09:59 PM   #1
e9012345
Lieutenant

Drives: e90

Coolant Exploded? Merry Christmas to me!

As I'm coming home from Christmas lunch with my girlfriend.. doing a good speed down the freeway I get a sudden yellow engine temp light followed by a red engine temp light seconds later. I turn the heat up to max and nurse the car home as the car blew ice cold air from the heater (after turning the heater on max the lights went away and the car seemed fine).

Upon returning home and opening up the hood I saw explosively spilled coolant everywhere - so what had happened is that I lost all coolant in some sort of huge blow-out. I can't seem to find any cracks or leaks but I don't think this has anything to do with the water-pump/t-stat issue.

My car: Pre-Lci 325i (3 Litre N52 motor).. only engine mods: Stage 2 AA Tune, scoops.

Thank you and Merry Christmas!
Attached Images

6MT Sport Pkg | BMW Perf. Pedals | BMW Perf. SSK | CF Steering Trim | BMW Performance Black Gloss Grilles | M3 Rep Bumper | Muffler Delete 2.5"| Charcoal Delete + K&N Drop In | CDV Delete | Clutch Stop | Active Autowerke Stage II Tune | H&R Sport Springs | Koni Yellow Shocks/Struts | 18" Gunmetal CSL Reps | BurgerTuning Spacers | Staggered Ventus V12's | ATE Super Blue & Hawk HPS | Blacklines | GP6K Angel Eyes