12-27-2012, 10:27 PM   #43
Dr. G
Brigadier General

Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [4.35]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleex024 View Post
But again you dont think it would be too restrictive? All the parts were meant for the stock turbos and I would feel that the piping would be to small
Dual 2.5" can flow a lot more than people who market 3" downpipes on here have lead a lot of people to believe. I believe the # was 250cfm of flow per 100hp. In theory using estimated values dual 2.5" should flow 463hp with absolute ease, but the upper limit of what it can flow without impeding performance significantly is higher. There's too many other factors like thermal expansion, types of bends, max rpm which can skew these #'s.
As a side note my buddies car runs mid 9's on dual 2.5" in a car with similar weight to ours, so it seems to be doing well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefactoM6 View Post
LSD has nothing to do with it...it doesn't create magical grip. On a flat, straight, well paved road, a LSD isn't doing squat. It only helps when one wheel is being oversped under load and the other isn't. I'll make a more relevant comparison. My car makes very similar TQ numbers to what RBs put down (491). And with PSSes, open diff and stock rear suspension, I never had a problem putting down power at 60mph, even 40mph, as long as the temps are above 40. If you are getting "wheelspin" at 100mph, 60mph, you are either feeling the flimsy rear toe arms/subframe bushings and perceiving their weakness/floatiness as wheelspin, a colossally screwed up alignment, an inability to drive, you hit a massive expansion gap, or some combination thereof.

Now back on topic.
Refreshing post Too many people on this forum glorify an LSD without understanding how it works and what it's actual purpose is, especially with the wavetrac genre.

Side note: 335i Rear subframe bushings = made of spaghetti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@topgearsolutions View Post
Keeping that in mind, my Vette with a real LSD doesn't have any problems. Once you drive a car with a real LSD you wonder why you waited so long if you had the opportunity to upgrade.
:
Seeing that you mention REAL LSD, do you consider the popular choices for the n54 a REAL LSD?
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S