View Single Post
      12-28-2012, 07:02 PM   #13
romanonj
Captain

Drives: X3 and 335is w/DCT

I think I have an idea on what will be done based on tons of good information on this site.. And thank you guys for pointing me to the right places..

I will be keeping stock professional HU, and getting it recoded to the HiFi output. The output from the HU will be hooked into JBL MS-8, which will drive front components, rears, and center speakers. I have not purchase the speakers yet, there is a set available on ebay starting at 200 for the logic 7. If this does not pan out, I will be proceeding with Focal 100VRS components in front, and Focal 100 2ways for center and rear speakers. I already purchased door molding and center grill from Princeton BMW.

The underseat woofers will be replaced with SWS 8xi (2ohm) version that I took out from my old logic 7 e90. I used punch 200/2 amp to drive them in my old car and they sounded great with bass at -4 and 80hz eq almost all the way down, amp gain was set at 50% with bass boost all the way down. Granted logic 7 output was post factory amp and hotter than what MS-8 will be putting out, but I feel 200 watt amp should push this well in 2 ohm stereo (especially underated RFP).

I am hoping to get my hands on Technic harnesses that should make my install a breeze.

What do you guys think on logic 7 speakers? I had mine replaced with BSW and BSW do sound tiny bit better (higher frequencies anyway). I like PNP aspectt with BSW, but their pricing is out of control now. I purchased X3 set last year for 549, which included two component set and one crossover, it is now 699?? Same for base stereo.. Focals cost 499 + 115 for set of 2ways (I need 2).

Regards,
Roman
2006 e90 330i 132k miles RETIRED!