View Single Post
      12-29-2012, 12:52 PM   #1
Major General
United Kingdom

Drives: E92 335D

Bedford Autodrome GT track, open pit lane,anyone want to go together in June/July?

Im currently thinking to start going to track days so i can experience driving fast, well for a 320d anyway, and just wanted some advice from people who have done this before.

I have already decided on the Autodrome as its close, and pretty reasonably priced, 109 for a day (open pits and potentially 6 hours of driving!). I like the idea of not having sessions. Also with no barriers its just an option im comfortable with.

The questions i have are:

1) Insurance. I have heard its very rare that you'd damage your car, so is this something thats really needed? I need to check if my insurance covers it as its non-competitive.

2) Seat belt. I don't want to be moving around too much in the seat when going around. I have seen two decent options. First is the CG Lock This seems good as its cheap but would it be enough for what i want to do? Or on the other hand should i get a 4/6 point Schroth harness, which is a lot more expensive and maybe OTT?

3) Pads, tyres and dampers. I've replaced my pads recently (1-2 months) so not too worried about them. My tyres however have roughly 5mm left. How much would this go down if i thrash it around on a dry day? Also, i still have OEM dampers, with ACS springs. Would one day wear them all out?

4) Other drivers. Are they all decent or do you get some idiots who think its a Grand Prix, and maybe crash into you?

5) On board recording. Would i be allowed to use my iphone to record the action?

6) Anything else you pros think would be helpful?

Many thanks
E92 335D
Turbo Dynamics Hybrid Turbos, Wagner Intercooler, DPF Delete Pipe with Sports Cat, Ecotune custom map ~ 422bhp & 618ft.lbs
Ohlins R&T with custom Swift rears

Last edited by mob17; 05-25-2014 at 06:19 PM.