Rep

Drives: 2008 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [4.38]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammk
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyk View Post
That said, 2-3 days after my warranty expired my passenger seat occupancy sensor took a crap. lol.
NO KIDDING!

Same exact thing happened to me a week after my factory warranty expired and I had the airbag light stay on. I'm like you, I'd rather save the money and DIY rather than invest in an extended warranty Ponzi. However, for the airbag, I was able to talk BMW NA into covering me for the repair on goodwill. You could try giving that a shot, PM me if you'd like more details..
Yeah, I have already talked to BMWNA. I'm certain I could get it covered with a couple more phonecalls but the guy I talked to was a total douchebag so I haven't bothered pursuing it any further just yet. He wanted me to pay out of pocket for the full diagnosis (even though I see the code so I know exactly what the issue is) as well as the full cost of repair and then "MAYBE" they will "look into" reimbursing me. At this point I'll take my chances with coding the damn thing out, lol.

2008 E90 335i // Black Everything // photos
COBB tuned / QTP e-cutouts / Helix FMIC / cp-e DCI / AWE BOVs / Black M6 wheels + Toyo Proxes
(and yes, I am a girl)