View Single Post
      12-30-2012, 09:18 AM   #28
Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2012 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSB335d View Post
Why not something less boy racer..? I have a Subaru myself but if you need something to haul clients around I assume because of job requiring 4-door. What about the new Ford Taurus SHO? 3.5V6, twin turbo, awd, 365hp/350 ft-lbs... I'm sure there will be some aftermarket performance available too.
I'm not going to be hauling clients around. It's the company policy though. I am not a salesman.

Worst case I'll be traveling with other co-workers to walk a job site.

The difficulty is that I want something that I can autocross and come 5-6 years down the road turn into a track car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesuperboi View Post
So how did you get your first BMW? Your parents right? Selling for 9500 that your parents originally bought.

What's the point of your question and why are you on e90post when you don't drive a e90 and are asking about an sti?
My dad leased the 02, and bought it out at the end of the lease with 120k miles on it. Car ran well, and was cheaper than other cars. Yes, I did get my first car from my parents. I was able to sell the car because it was the deal that was made. My sisters had the same deal, but they decided to keep their cars. I sold it with the foresight of potential problems and invested into my own car.

As well, OT is generic to bimmerfest. Way to go smart one.

Please explain to me: How did you afford your first car, college, food, shelter? I'm interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle335i View Post
First his parents buy him a car and now his company is buying him a car.
Called proper negotiation. Learn from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesuperboi View Post
He should go ask on the ZM4 or STI forum. What's wrong with their community?

He already has his mind set on the STI, so I don't think there will be anything any of us that will say to him to convince otherwise. There is no other options that he is offering (other than the EVO, which he already shot down). So, it's a pointless self-bragging post to me.
I don't have my mind set on anything. It says straight in the title, debating.

I don't know where the self-bragging is coming from, but to each their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastdoc View Post
A friend of mine who also owns an M3 told me the day I picked mine up that I will now be seen as a douche bag. Reading this thread makes me understand why. Apparently it's not the driving, it's the attitude.

I have no idea what the OP does but I have two friends that were multimillionaires before they were 25. Both came from humble backgrounds. Right place, right time, right opportunities. If the guy's got a head start on life, more power to him. Anyone that would judge him and speak ill of his situation has done nothing more than expose their own character flaws.
People said buying a Z4M would turn me into a flamboyant hairdresser as well.

I will be an Energy Engineer designing and optimizing HVAC systems. Since everyone now ITT apparently cares about my life I figured I'd let them know.
Appreciate 0