Originally Posted by ZJP
I found an AR for sale but the price is ridiculously marked up.
Debating if I should pull the trigger on it or just wait it out and see what happens with the proposed gun legislation after the new year.
Originally Posted by kingofthedemo
I certainly wouldn't wait, paying extra is worth it, it's like insurance.
Depends on what it's marked up to. I personally think this is a bit of a knee jerk reaction with regards to the rush to buy ARs. If the new legislation doesn't happen or have any significant movement before the gun shops get new inventory, the prices are likely to come back down to earth a bit.
But that's easy for someone who has multiple ARs to say. My LGS said that a mid range quality AR-15 was going for about $2k. I saw a guy buy an AR chambered in 308 because it was the only AR they had. He paid $3800 for it.