United_States
Rep

Drives: 2008 Montego Blue 335i

Garage List
2008 Lexus IS F  [5.00]
2008 e90 335i  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi29 View Post
I did that and still doing it. Its the BIGGEST regret of my life. I blew out my sidewall in the middle of the canyons. Being that it was pitch black and dangerous, I drove it 12 miles down like a dumbass just cuz Ididnt have a spare laying around anywhere. I drove it down to a gas station, didn't have a dime on me so I drove it 10 miles back home on a 40+ mile trip, finally stopped where it was safe, un beaded the tires from turning down the road to get to safety, curbed my wheel, destroyed my alignment and stayed up for 28 hrs straight from work to the canyons to finally getting home at 11 am from when the tire popped at 11 pm. I got home because a friend had a spare in his garage. I know I'm a dumbass and this could've been avoided 100% if I wouldve stopped but would you leave your e9x in the canyons unattended or at a shady gas station with no cameras and the lights off? What'd I do this christmas? I found the world's ugliest, curbed up dirt cheap 5x120 spare, threw a good A/S tire on and kept it in my garage with a small jack, breaker bar, and spare wheel lock. Was it worth it? Let's see, I could've gotten home at 12 if I had this all set up already. I could've saved my wheel from damage, could've saved re-alignment, and could've saved the stress. Sooooo yes it was. Do I care that the wheel is slightly bent but still holds air and is the ugliest rim around? Nopeeee cuz if it works, I could care less its a real experience, not just a story although I wish I was lying about what happen :'( the spare doesn't have to be beautiful. Just had to be able to hold air for your tire and has to fit onto the car. Keep that in mind

What good is having a spare tire and rim in your garage if you are 100 miles from home?