View Single Post
      01-01-2013, 11:35 AM   #16
Scoot
Lieutenant

Drives: Audi A8 3.0tdi Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_ab View Post
Congrats on baby and car. That is a lot of car for the money but the only thing that puts me off is the sheer size of the thing. How does it compare to your 5 to drive size wise.

Tbh it didn't feel anywhere near as big as I thought it would. The best way I could describe it would be that it just feels like a grown up 5 series. A bit like the 5 series does to the 3. The level of grip from the 4x4 to me made it feel more nimble than my 5 but this could also be down to having a 3.0 diesel compared to the 2.0 in the bmw.

As soon as I sat in their demo for the test drive I new I was going to like it. I have really enjoyed the quality of the interior on the 5 but the audi was the first car I have sat in that was a significant improvement over it.

I've been looking at so many vehicle for the past 8 months and I always came away thinking it wasn't really any better than what I had to justify shelling out the extra money to change. Well I'm hoping this will be as I genuinely feel these are a bargain at the moment and hugely undervalued.

Fingers crossed that it turns out as good as I hope.