View Single Post
      01-01-2013, 04:37 PM   #5
NoTempoLimitN54
Second Lieutenant

Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicheyBMW View Post
Others have said idrive makes the car look more rich inside. Thoughts?
??? Seriously? Then why not two LCD screens? Why not LCD screens in the doors? How about one on the steering wheel?

I want to drive a performance car not a freakin' rolling computer. Leave that to the Prius crowd (note that Prius doesn't even have instrument an panel behind the steering wheel - because the driver doesn't matter).

I have no iDrive no Nav. Personally I think the double-hump design of the E92 with iDrive looks "mutant" like an animal with two heads.

I LOVE the way my E92 interior looks at night with only glowing red/amber illumination (like an aircraft cockpit) and no damn LCD screen glowing blue/green from it's fluorescent backlight.

My iPhone with google maps probably has better navigation that '09 iDrive. As long as you have a sunroof, your iPhone GPS will get decent signal. There are also external GPS receiver that you can couple with an iPhone.

If I have a "navigator" with me, that person could use an iPad and tether to the connection on my iPhone (or theirs).

Built-in Nav is just a big profit center for the car manufacturers. I'd rather spend $2k on something that will make my car handle better or have more power.
2009 335i 6MT (E92/N54), Black Sapphire / Shadowline (Individual 760) / Black Dakota Leather, ZSP, ZCW, 6FL, PDC, no Nav/iDrive, 19 x 8.5 / 19 x 9.5 VMR VB3 in Hyper Black, Pilot Super Sport 235/35 fr 265/30 rr, M3 control arms + tension links (fr)
NoTempoLimitN54 is offline   United_States