01-02-2013, 12:39 AM   #4
Dr. G
Brigadier General

Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [4.35]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SG07 View Post
I am lowered on kw v1 and currently running winters on 18 inch rims. There are no gaps in the wheel well. For those who are on same boat, can you guys comment on the difficulty in winter driving, in terms of the likelihood of getting stuck? This is my first winter running this setup, just wondering if I should be concerned at all. Thx.
My car had about 7cm ground clearance running wide (for winter) 19's and I had no issues, but we also didn't have much snow. Since my 19's used 275's and were flush to the fender I decided to switch to an 18" that is a bit more tucked and narrow since it looks like we might get a decent amount of snowfall this year.

With the wheels/tires flush to the fender I was always flinging salt/ice/crap onto the paint and there was absolutely no room to evacuate the snow since my car had no tire to fender gap.

This year with a more tucked wheel/tire combo I'm hoping there will be more space inside the middle area of the wheel wells to evacuate the snow. I also won't be shooting crap onto the paint as much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASPEC135i View Post

What is worst about driving a lowered car are times when the snow left in the middle of lanes freezes up over time and is higher than your lip. I can't stand it when I feel contact with frozen snow/ice - awful!
THISS!! Quite often I would be driving home hearing a non-stop scraping under the car the whole way home
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S