Thread: 29e1 code
View Single Post
      01-09-2013, 11:02 PM   #6
Freude am fahren

Drives: in the fast lane

Garage List
Originally Posted by Rickygst View Post
So I'm getting the same code 29E1. Thing is I took it to the shop and they totally ignored the code. They fixed the thermostat but didn't mention the code. I believe air is getting in somewhere but I haven't been able to figure out where. Curious to see what you find out. Please report back with your fix and I will do the same once I know. By the way my car has 73k on it.
Are you running a tune? If so, are you maxing fuel trims? I am and I'm trying to see if that is related to the fuel mixture codes or a separate issue. I took my car to the dealer and they smoke-tested both intake as well as exhaust and found no leaks. They also reset fuel mixture adaptations but the codes/SES light came back on within a few days. They want me to put the stock downpipes on before they'll do anything I'm looking for an indy shop that can fix it...stay tuned.
Cobb E40 PROtune by Jake@PTF/RR catless DPs/aFe DCI/ETS 5" FMIC/ER CP/Forge DVs/Alpina B3 TCU flash/BMW Perf. Exhaust./BMW Performance Style 313s/M-Tech Rear