View Single Post
      01-11-2013, 09:59 AM   #1
JStang
N54 ADDICT

Drives: FBO E92 335i

Track Results - Unfinished Cobb PTF E45 Map

Last night I took my talents (or lack thereof) to Bradenton Motorsports Park for their test and tune night. I showed up around 9:30 and was able to get about 7 runs in since it was relatively empty. I only had to wait 2-3 races in between runs. Keep in mind that this is only the second time that I have ever went to the track with the first being in November for Fixxfest at Bradenton. At that time, I was running the OTS Race Gas Map with 1/8 of a tank of MS109. Those results looked like this:

Over the past month or so, I have been working with Jake at PTF on an E45 map. We are on the 6th revision of the map and it is still unfinished. Car info:

2007 E92 335i 6AT
Full Weight
58k miles on original stock turbos
AR DP's, ETS 5" FMIC, DCI, Dinan Axleback
Tires = $#@!ty (General G-Max AS-03)1
1/2 tank E85 / Shell 93 Pump
The temperature was around 70 degrees.

Obviously, I need a lot of practice launching as my 60' times are pathetic. I need to work on modulating the throttle instead of going straight to the floor once it's go time. However, I wanted to share the improvement Jake at PTF has made over the stock OTS race map thus far. Keep in mind that the map isn't complete yet. Here are slips from my best time and highest trap from last night. I think the car has very low 12's in it if I can learn how to launch which shouldn't take anything more than some practice. My ultimate goal is to crack into the 11's but that is going to take a perfect launch and probably better tires.