Update 15th Jan
Sorry for the mixed up pics but not much to really say/see other than..
it should all be ready for me to collect this weekend and ... I am excited! It's been 2.5 months since I started procuring the equipment. Spent a fortune finding and buying the gear I was after and took advantage of when the installer gave me the go ahead to bring the car in last week. This weekend (19th Jan) will be the 2nd week and should be ready to collect.
Reason for the delay is we're waiting for my rear coliver damping adjusters to come through the post. Since this is located in the heart of the boot, now was the only time we could install the rear adjusters unless I ripped everything out at a later stage, which let's face it... won't be happening one the finsihed article sits there looking proud.
Anyways, nuff' of blabbering, onto the pics..again.. nothing great and the finished pics aren't with me so the progress thus far.
- Morel Hybrid Ovation II Mids (using OEM speaker grill and custom made
- Technic door adaptors, since the E92 have far less depth than E90s) and
- Tweeters (using BMW sourced tweeter pods)
- Technic Harness (OEM HU)
- 8" Jehnert XE 200 underseats with custom spacers
- JBL MS-8 (mounted on the left hand side of the Subwoofer (protected by clear perspex glass, carpeted and orange LEDs around it to give off a classy yet diff look. I'm not trying to impress any chavvys here but I'm going with an Orange / Silver theme
- JL 12w7 in custom fabricated / fully carpeted boot build
- JL HD 600/4 Amp
- JL HD 750/1 Amp
(both amps mounted on the left hand side inside the boot, screwed on a custom made MDF board. The pic showing both amps was only temporary so it will be nicely aligned before being fixated. The finished article will be perspex glass over both to obviously showcase the Amps, with a breaker made from MDF again going across the middle of the glass. The aim is to give it a nice class finish rather than one long piece of clear perspex being shown).
- Orange LEDs around the Amps
- Something different for the right hand side boot to follow in a couple of months. Watch this space
Enjoy the pics, if possible.
No Audio related, can anyone guess what could be in the box at the very end??