View Single Post
      01-16-2013, 10:46 PM   #10
ap47
Captain

Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by techietaichi View Post
I'm raising this long since dead thread, because I'm now thinking of getting my car wrapped because of the outrageous prices I've been quoted lately for a complete respray. Simply, it's in my budget. But what I'm wondering about are the pitfalls of a wrap versus a spray. You see, I live in the NE...Massachusetts, and though the Spring through Fall is super, Winter's got me bothered. How will a wrap fare in snowy, fugging cold conditions? Will it hold up? Now I know wraps are good for what 3-4 years maybe, but will the Winter months decrease that duration? What other kinds of issues may arise with vinyl wrapping outside of the Winter months? All input is welcome and if there's any of you fellas or gals that live in similar conditions like I do and have a wrap on your car, please fill me in! Thanks all. BMW POWER!
Do not let too much salt accumulate on your vinyl wrap. If your house has a garage or your building as indoor parking, take some optimum waterless wash and clean the spots that have a lot of salt caked on twice a week.
ap47 is offline   Canada