View Single Post
      01-17-2013, 11:13 AM   #8
ign335i
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i e92
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: CA

Posts: 287
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by foghat View Post
Hmmm. I did not know about changing to coolant temp and do not see how to do that. Do you know how?

I know the protection is there for a reason, but still, I'd like to be the one to decide when I get to use the extra boost. 70% of the time my drive is over before jb4 turns on... I feel exposed. ha.

This said, probably doesn't matter too much to me right now as it is all snow and ice. Plus am thinking of moving to cobb soon anyway.
This is a bad idea to be honest. As others have said, the oil and water protections are there for a reason. If 70% of your drive is over before you get the JB4 on, then you're oil isn't getting warm enough to boil all the condensation out anyway. Make sure you drive the car some more at least once a week. Full boost on cold is one of the dumbest ideas I have ever heard, but it is your car and if you want, should be your decision. Just don't be surprised if you cook components quicker.
ign335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote