View Single Post
      01-18-2013, 12:01 PM   #15
Brigadier General

Drives: 328xi 6MT

Garage List
2008 BMW 328xi  [4.10]
Send a message via AIM to kamek
Originally Posted by Johnny D View Post
The tunes are more noticeable on automatic cars. On the manuals, you may feel a bit better throttle response due to the remap, but not as noticeable as the auto.

Also, your car weighs 250+lbs heavier than the standard "i" series and had the n51 motor
Understandable, which is why I took the fact that I have an xi into account in my review. I was expecting more than "hardly noticeable" gains.

Originally Posted by Rival View Post
x2x... that boat anchor aint helpin.
I don't have a boat anchor, neither does it justify the fact that this tune is any good on an xi.

Originally Posted by Lagger1 View Post
Point is moot. Gent had an Xi before he started & and Xi after...may I add a damn good looking Xi at that. Props kamek

Too bad the tune is "minute". I really need to roll in a tuned N52 to make an informed decision and jump from over a PBX.

Do they alter the valvetronic in stage 2?
Thank you, I appreciate it!

I think people mostly do these tunes for the throttle remap, which is what you're given with the PBX. 10-15 hp is minute, after all. AA has always stated that this tune alters the valvetronic.

Originally Posted by redline2001 View Post
I thought the tune works better with the N51 because it already has the 3 stage manifold ?
I was under this same impression.

Originally Posted by Johnny D View Post
The n51 has a lower compression rate than the n52 and therefor uses the three stage manifold to compensate for this. With the tune expect the same results from both because of this.
I thought the N51 was a "detuned" N52 with three stage intake manifold.

E92 328xi | KW | AA | LUX | OEM 359M | BMW Performance Exhaust