View Single Post
      01-19-2013, 03:37 PM   #28
braveplayer3160
Enlisted Member

Drives: 328I Coupe

I just want to chime in here to confirm what has already been posted with a bit more specific background info that I think might help.

Build Date: January, 2007
Model: e92
Comfort Access: NO

I just want to detail that with the equipment above I was able to code the Door Unlock/Auto Eject (Key fob) on my vehicle this morning and it works without issue. So (at least for my year) it did not matter that I DID NOT have comfort access and the coding still works (as long as you follow the directions above properly.)

Now, as noted in the previous posts you MUST have the automatic door lock function programed (which can be done through iDrive and, the BC stalk (for non-iDrive equipped vehicles) in order for the coding to function properly. I know because when I initially coded the functions they did not work. After reading this entire thread I gathered that I needed to turn on the automatic door locking for the coding to work. I went ahead and used the button (BC) to navigate to the correct menu, turned on automatic locking and saved my setting. I then drove the car, pulled into my driveway parked, depressed the "start/stop" button (AND HELD IT DOWN FOR A COUPLE OF SECONDS) and the doors unlocked and the key auto ejected. Hope this helps to clear-up and confusion people reading might have.