01-19-2013, 05:28 PM   #1
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI

Question 2 piece Split Rims Bought - OFFSET help

Guys & Gals,

I've got set of 19" 2 piece wheels which I'm keeping secretive until I mount them on Timeless and boy will they look good when on

I need help however............ I bought them online via ebay and the seller was unsure of the ETs and what not so I took a leap of faith, bought them, got them refurbed and now since I'm looking to buy tires, I realised why all this info is so crucial.... yes it's my 1st time buying wheels so I know NOW, what I need to look for next time.

Anyways, since the wheels got refurbed, I can't quite make out the stamped info inside the wheel but from whatever little I can see, I THINK it reads the following:

Fronts:
- 8.5j x 19"
- ET 40

Rears:

- 10j x 19"
- ET 40

Now.. From the measurements I have taken (following a step by step guide to work out the offset).. my findings are as follows:

Fronts:
- Overall Width = 240mm
- Centre Line = 120mm
- Backspace = 160mm
- Offset = Backspace - Centre Line = ET40

Rears:
- Overall Width = 280mm
- Centre Line = 140mm
- Backspace = 165mm
- Offset = Backspace - Centre Line = ET25

Question is... what do I go by? What I THINK I read on the reverse of the wheel (and it does look that rear ET = 40) OR what I have worked out using the traditional method?

Also, it may be handy to know I've got an E92 335D Pre LCI dropped on BC BR Coilovers. I can of course raise the car to avoid the rims catching the coilover etc.

Would I absolutely need spacers? I want a semi-aggressive kinda' stance so I'm going for a slight stretch of tyres.

Currently on OEM 230s (19") and fronts are 225/35/19 and rears are 255/30/19

I was thinking of 215/35/19 for Fronts.... and 255/30/19 rears? How will these go down with the spec give?

Lastly, is there ANY other way to find out what 'J' the rims are??

Many thanks in advance,
Sam

Last edited by AWBimmer; 01-20-2013 at 06:43 AM.