01-19-2013, 07:31 PM   #48
Quasimodem
Colonel

Drives: 335d

Garage List
2009 335d US  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by montr View Post
Here is an update. On post #13, I mentioned that I got the SES light and a OBD code that say the injector for cylinder 2 is at its adaptation limit. I got the car back from the dealer Friday. They replaced injector #2.
This is insane. Almost wish we had the HPFP problem, at least BMW extended the basic warranty to 100k miles for that. I dont think we are going to get any warranty extension for this injector/carbon buildup problem which seems to be becoming a "known" issue too. It is easier to say that carbon buildup is a natural phenomon, unlike a pump failure.

I cant help thinking that the injector issue is related to the carbon buildup issue. I guess my questions are:

How long can you continue to drive the car with a bad injector?
How long is it before a code is thrown for such an injector failure?
Is it possible to have a bad injector causing carbonization of the intake manifold without it throwing a code?
What is the code that is thrown when you have an injector failure?
IsIs there a cause and effect relationship at all? Or is the carbon buildup more related to the North American SCR emission system and the injector failure is just carbon buildup on the injector evidencing likely carbon buildup on the entire intake as well (but the injectors are more sensitive or have a more sensitive sensor)?
Does using injector cleaner improve things?
Speakers: CDT Audio HD-42 comps--front doors (RAAMmat deadened), CDT ES-06 6.5" woofers--kickpanl Pods, Hertz EBX202R dual 8" ported trunk sub. Amps: Phoenix Gold RSd 500.4 (comps & pods). PG RSd 600.1 (sub). Power & Ground: 4AWG Streetwires w/RockFosgt RFDB1 distro blocks. Input: HU lineout--Kicker KISL RCA adapters--RockFosgt RFIT-6 cables--Audiocontrol Matrix--Monster cables--RSd 500.4--lineout Monstr Cabl to RSd 600.1.
Quasimodem is offline   United_States