I'm afraid you could easily have blown the power supply on the usb card in the CCC (or CIC, can't remember).
An older 'downstream' (non charging) PC USB port is only 100mA and will just fail for good if you cook it.
Even newer 'charging ports' are only up to 500mA, but they can shut themselves down.
If BMW are saying not to plug phones in, that means it is probably NOT a 'charging port' type of USB socket, so susceptible to overload damage.
OR it is a 'charging port', but you are overloading it and making it shut down temporarily.
Basically, forget charging phones in the glovebox and buy a ciggy lighter USB port, much better!
330i gone. 335i gone. E63 gone. M6GC current...
Last edited by doughboy; 01-21-2013 at 10:12 AM.