Hey, it worked. Drove my Bimmer for a few miles with a new, recently burned 2013 Navigation DVD. No problems. Thanks!
Here's what I did:
1) Download 2013 Navigation data via BitTorrent.
2) Download ImgBurn (freeware).
3) Insert a blank Memorex DVD+R DL in a DVD writer.
4) In ImgBurn software, select "Write image file to disc". Then select a file, 2013 Navigation (zip file, NO NEED to unzip it).
5) Click to start "burn" the DVD. It takes about 10-15 minutes to burn & verify.
6) After it's done. I ejected old Navigation DVD out of my car's navigation DVD reader and waited about 30 minutes for my car to go to "sleep" again.
7) After 30 minutes, I got in my car and started the engine. The navigation screen says "Please insert Navigation DVD". I put a new DVD in.
8) I pulled my car out of the driveway and drove slowly...waiting for the navigation to read the new disc. It seemed didn't work right, so I ejected it then reinserted it. Few seconds later, the navigation screen finally showed my current position (with a map). I went into the menu and selected "Home" (to test my new navigation disc to see if it will find my house) and it worked. So I drove home.
I also checked Red Light traffic, yeah it's in there. Nice.
SOLD - 2007 BMW 335i Sedan, Montego Blue with Lemon seats, AluFelgen CS7 rims & Continental DW tires
CURRENT - 2009 Mercedes C350 Sedan, Palladium Silver, Grey/Black interior, all stock.