Obvious idiot drivers are a money makers for the track.
Originally Posted by Anthony90
Dont forget that the Nürburgring racetrack its expensive... specially crashing lol
Ring lap ticket prices
Costs for a weekend at the Ring
- 1 lap €26 unchanged versus 2012
- 4 laps €89 +9% over 2012, €24.25 per lap
- 9 laps €202 new for 2013, €22.44 per lap
- 25 laps €490 +2%, €19.60 per lap
- Channel crossing: Varies, but say typically £120
- Petrol en-route: Typically 2 x £60 = £120
- Petrol for the Ring: Say £90
- Bed-and-breakfast per person: £25 per night x 2 = £50
- Food: 2 x dinner, 2 x lunch, food en-route, beer = £100
Total = approx £500
, plus laps as above.
Optional extras available at additional cost include armco repairs, safety car attendance, vehicle recovery, track closure, hospital stays and helicopter rides. I recommend avoiding these. If you can't, then the following price-list may help:
- Base fee for attendance of armco truck: €150
- Removing damaged armco: €10/metre (x2 or x3 or x4 for multiple-height sections)
- Replacement armco: €31/metre (x2 or x3 for double/triple height)
- Removing damaged armco posts: €5.10 each
- Replacing armco post: €39 each
- Safety car attendance: €82 per 30 mins (car + 2 people)
- Circuit closure: €1,350 per hour
- Recovery truck: €190 (inc VAT)
- Hospital stay & air ambulance: Let's just say, do NOT go there without travel insurance! (Though a European Health Card - which replaced the E111 - may cover the hospital bit.)
Everything except the recovery truck is then subject to 19% VAT.
The record armco bill I'm aware of is €15,000. That was a car that managed to flatten a very impressive length of armco between the Quiddlebacher Hohe bridge and the crest on the approach to Flugplatz. But even a minor bump can turn into a surprisingly expensive day out.