From the DIY Section, this is the only info I could find:
Just take the seat out first, and then you'll see where to pry to get it off.
If it works the same as the non-electric sports seats you'll have to:
1. Remove the negative battery lead
2. Wait for a few minutes (we don't want any fault-codes)
3. Remove torx screws from front and back of seatrails
4. Push seat backwards in order to see to seatbottom
5. Remove wiring from junction-box
6. Lift seat out
You probably have to remove the seat adjustment modules first and then the whole sidecover. Get an L-shaped "pick" to pry the "nails" up on the backside of the sidecover.
It should't be much of a hassle, maybe half an hour of work.
This doesn't help terribly, but you can make out a screw hole on part no 10 on Real OEM here: http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...47&hg=52&fg=10
So my guess is it's a seat out job to get to it...