View Single Post
      01-23-2013, 09:23 AM   #69
sohlman
Second Lieutenant

Drives: E90 330iSE

Had a chance last night to have a play in a deserted car park covered in snow and ice. Apart from having to have a short chat with a Policeman who did not like me practicing. However he bought my argument that i was in a safe environment and better to understand a cars handling in a car park then on the road and he has to close the road to sort things out.

Anyway i digress. The winters give impressive grip and require quite a shove on the loud pedal to get the car moving about. With the traction fully on the car was difficult to predict. With the traction off the car moved around better, but you could feel the car tugging on different corners. With the DSC completely dissabled the car felt very much better. Slides where much more progressive. In comparision to last year where i had a play with an Audi A6 Quattro on summers. The BMW had more grip, slides where more controllable and required constant power to maintain them. In the audi once they started Torvil and Dean started to set in and things where not easy. I am glad i have had a play as my confidence in the car in these conditions is so much higher.