View Single Post
      01-24-2013, 08:36 AM   #15
Yoro35i
TROll

Drives: E92 335I M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
Driving back into Aberdeen on Sunday night in the pitch black I got the fright of my life hitting a sunken manhole cover.

The depth is 2 1/8 of an inch to the lip. I should have measured maximum depth as the lip is another 1/4 of an inch and that is without any weight on it.

The road has always been a mess. You can see countless patch repairs around the manhole cover and for the length of the road.

The damage to the car isn't as bad as I thought.

The front wheel is amazingly fine but the tyre has lost its shape. A Bridgestone runflat too.

The rear is slightly out but repairable.

I've asked the council for a claims form to cover replacement, repair and tracking to be checked.

I wonder if they will pay up?

Here is the manhole in question.
I read stories how council will refuse and if that pothole/manhole thing was reported within a specific time frame then you won't get anything back. in the end it depends if you're willing to take them to court, provide more evidence and have your evidence examine by professional people bla bla bla.

just don't expect the council to say'' oh yes, it's totally our fault, here is the money for you sir ''
MY08 E92 335i M Sport|Hexis wrap by Surrey Project |ETS Intercooler|VSRF Dp's|BMS OCC|BMC filter|CoBB AP tune|Eibach Pro's|EBC Yellow & Coolcarbons rear|Alpina AT Map|Michelin PSS|313 Cmwheels|CF grills,CF mirror,CF Performace spoiler|LCI ligth|CIC controller retrofit|Coming soon:B14 kit
Gone:Forged FMIC, Eisenmann Race Quad, Eisenmann Sport, Duke Dynamic Diffuser.
Yoro35i is offline   United Kingdom