01-24-2013, 07:41 PM   #1
ramez75
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2009 335i xDrive Coupe (E92)

New Center Console Switch Issue

Hi,

I have a brand new center console switch with all the switches (heated seats, rearblind, front PDC, hill assist, Auto Start/Stop). So today I got the chance to swap it with my current on on my 2009 335ix coupe. And i dont if there is something I am missing or the switch is damaged and I need to return it to the vendor and ask for replacement..

First Hill Assist button doesnt light up like the other buttons seems either missing the LED behind the button or the LED is broken. Also when I press the Hill Assist button the Auto Start/Stop LED turns on (the small rectangle light above the switch) activating the HDC signal that comes on the cluster which indicate the Hill Assist is turned on. So it seems like the wiring is messed up or I dont know

Did anyone run into such a thing, is there a trick I am missing or just call the vendor and ask them to repalce it coz it is broken.

Hope someone can chime in

Thanks

RB