01-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #32
GoRomeo
Colonel

Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [2.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mi_bimmer View Post
Romeo, how many miles on your car? The filter is integrated in the reservoir, so if you have over 100K miles or so and have never changed the fluid, you might consider replacing the reservoir just so you get a new filter in there.

There is a DIY video on BavAuto that shows how to do it (older BMW but same procedure)

http://youtu.be/T4Gp1vNgOLc
Hi guys thanks for the reply. Ok I believe my fluids were changed under warranty when I had about 40k so it has only been about 60k since my fluids wwre changed (I believe I saw this in my service records). Actually, yesterday I opened the reservoir and my fluid looked fine, not grimmy or anything, although I did not check the color since its hard to see it inside the reservoir. I will check again. What color should I look for? Green, or Redish?

On a different note, I need to replace my spark plugs I am due now at 100k.

Yesterday I went to the dealership since it was on my way and quickly asked them for a quote on changing my spark plugs....I laughed at them....

guess how much??? Yeap freaking $480.00 dlls hahahaha.. hell no.. I will do this myself... I can get the spark plugs at 60 dlls