Thread: SLS
View Single Post
      01-28-2013, 09:28 AM   #77
Bomber
Second Lieutenant

Drives: E92 335d M Sport

Garage List
B&O would have spend 1000's of hours testing this before putting it into a car, I worked with Visteon for a few years developing OEM systems and the R&D extensive even before it saw a car!

It is very hard to diagnose a fault without hearing it but from my experience a common problem with oem bass enclosures is trim panels resonating causing all sorts sound issues, I would have MB check this, maybe a tracker or similar has been fitted in a nearby location (usually all fitted in the same place on these)

Plastic bass enclosures are not the best either as they flex, the actual sub cone is located close to your ears which is not the best scenario, bass waves always work better when it bounced from another surface ie the boot side or rear screen

So what would I do, take it to a respected installer and get them to remove the bass enclosure from its location and test away from the car to determine if its the enclosure or the car, then i'm sure they will be able to rectify it not necessarily changing the equipment but maybe some reinforcement or sound deadening.
Bomber is offline   United Kingdom