View Single Post
      01-29-2013, 04:19 PM   #188
beatmagician
Registered

Drives: 2007 BMW 318d

Thumbs down Not all it's cracked up to be

I bought this item from another site but have found it very difficult to find support or any honest reviews on this. If you do buy it don't [famous search engine] it if there are any problems. all you will find is people selling it or marketing from Eonon themselves on the e90 forums. They don't make easy reading I'm afraid!!

With that being said the unit does have some good features. Bluetooth for phone calls which works well but doesn't display contacts from phone so it would be just for answering calls on the move. The DVD playback works well and CD playback is fine. The problem with the tray is that it is not aligned properly so you would have to insert the disc at an upward angle. The GPS is good and I have found that the antenna can be kept hidden inside the dash board without any signal loss which is good. The GPS does require installing on the device so it would be recommended to read the manual and also make sure that it comes shipped with some maps software. The Micro SD card will be recognised instantly but it won't play your music properly. You will find that it will skip through the tracks when it feels like and won't play them in full. The interface is okay but can be clunky and not easy to navigate while driving. The mode button will cease any operation you are already doing even if you want to browse to the next function. The radio function is what lets this unit down a lot. You will not be able to save any radio station pre-sets so be prepared to tune your radio every time you go out in your car. A problem for me as I listen to the radio on the way to work. And be prepared that whatever date and time you set won't make a difference. The unit will decide itself what date and time it wants to display.

Overall a good unit for CD/DVD playback & GPS but the rest of the features are too buggy, irritating to navigate or just don't do what they're supposed to. For these reasons I can't give it any more than 2 stars. Think before you part with your money as the price is a bit too high wherever you shop.

I would give this unit 2 stars. Nice try but just not ready for market.