SpeedOften
Cone Killing E90

Drives: 07 E90 335i Crimson Red

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [2.88]
2002 BMW X5 4.4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
How about tougher punishment for crimes committed with a firearm? What was this crap about the 3 strike rule with crimes committed with a firearm? Why 3 strikes? If someone uses a firearm to commit a crime, throw the effing book at them! If someone loans someone a gun and that person uses it to commit a crime, throw the effing book at both of them! If someone has a firearm stolen and does not report it stolen and that weapon is used in a crime, throw the effing book at the criminal and the person who didn't secure their weapon.

^^ THIS is where new legislation should start!!!!!!

Wanna know why? Because mass shootings account for a very small number of homicides compared to inner-city shootings. Inner-city shooters want to get away with the crime so punishment can be a deterrent. Mass shooters typically want to take people with them. So mass shootings are not something we're going to legislate out of our lives. Mass shootings can be reduced with better mental health care, proper up bringing of children and better security in schools.
The only maybe slight problem I have is charging the gun owner if his gun is stolen. Gun safes can be broken into. A smaller gun safe can just be hauled away by two people and a dolley and then taken apart at another location.

I am definitely all for thowing the book at someone for committing a felony with a firearm.
BMWCCA Member #424823