Thread: NYS Gun Laws
View Single Post
      01-30-2013, 03:27 PM   #112
OldArmy
Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsBimmer View Post
Sorry, I thought it was understood the solutions being sought are for the problem of gun violence in our society. My question to you was to find out if you agree with the premise that there is a problem in our society with gun violence. If you do then please tell how you articulate the issue and what you think the solutions are if any.
Gun violence is not a solvable challenge. Too diffuse, too widely defined, no particular act or legislation can possibly address it. It fits right up there with hunger, poverty, ignorance, sloth, greed, bad parenting, etc...there's just no way to get our arms around it UNLESS one is willing to take away all the guns from all the people. That's the only way to stop it. I guess I am trying to get some truth into the discussion.

Since I know the records show that, statistically, we don't have even a small problem, I don't have a recommendation and I sure can't articulate a challenge that can actually be worked to a worthwhile end.

I do know I don't want to give up anything. Not one right, not one weapon, not one big magazine, not the ability to purchase what I want when I want. Not for uncertain and feel good reasons that just won't solve anything.
OldArmy is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0