Thread: NYS Gun Laws
View Single Post
      01-31-2013, 04:01 PM   #130
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka

Drives: Exceptionally well :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
To not have a liability insurance requirement is outrageous. If I drove my BMW down the street and was caught without insurance, I'd get a hefty fine, and possibly lose my license for some amount of time.

Maybe that should be a requirement of gun ownership, as should safety classes and recertification every x years, maybe 4. I know here in CA, safety classes are already a requirement, no idea about the others as I don't have a firearm and don't plan to purchase one.
But if you wren't allowed to drive you BMW down the street because say, it wasn't street legal, why would anyone need to regulate any kind of liability insurance on it?

I'm on board with safety and proficiency classes and recertification ever 4 years. Safety classes aren't required here in FL and i would image not in many other states either.

Again while law abiding citizens would likely be on board for these things how would this help to restrict access to firearms from the bad guys and the mentally unstable guys?

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Mr Tonka is offline   United_States