Changed my battery for an OEM replacement today, going to register it myself when my cable arrives in a few days. A few notes about my experience:
- The 90 ah exude battery was $205 from my dealer and did not include a vent elbow
- Removal of the old battery was very straight forward, only needed 8 and 10 mm sockets.
- The only difficult part was removing/installing the larger 90 ah battery into the compartment. I ended up using zip ties to tie all of the cables out of the way after a few failed attempts.
- On first restart I had 4x4, DTC, and hill start assist errors which went away after a few hundred yards of driving. Also had to reset the time.
- The original battery was still working and had not failed but was showing signs of failure, and the indicator on top was not lit at all.