Originally Posted by hellga the beemer
It's not a dealer it's private that why I'm nervous.
1. Ask appropriate questions: mileage, 1/2/3 owner, any damage or repairs, any warranties if applicable.
2. Evaluate iTrader feedback
3. Insist on good, high res., detailed pictures and any images of prior damage.
4. Have a conversation about shipping, primarily packing and insurance. Make sure item its fully insured including shipping costs. I have been shocked by the lack of care shown by some sellers when going to pack a +1k item.
5. Pay with CC
6. Do not gift (agree on who coves ~3.3% fees ahead of time)
7. Indicate what the transaction is for, shipping terms, and expected condition in payment detail instead of "You've got money!"
* not required but I always do this because it's indicative of expected condition and purchase terms should a dispute occur. Its helped in the past!