Originally Posted by briers
Mrs is nagging me to book something for summer so i need to find something pretty quickly
I've left it up to her past few years and the last hotel we went to i was shitting for days as was my mate who bought his family but he had it worse.
Wishing to avoid that and the horrible multi-coloured decor and crappy aircon i want to pick somewhere nice.
Problem is i'm not good on planes. Not a fear, just very sensitive inner ear so i'm spending the entire journey feeling like i'm going to chuck my breakfast over the passenger in-front. Doc can't help and i've tried several things. To be honest it's quite annoying really as so many places i want to travel to.
So i normally set myself a 2:30hr flight time goal. We normally go spain, italy, corsica, ibiza, sardinia and furthest i've been is Malta which i think was around 3hrs or so.
Where ever we go can't be too far, ideally hotel has to be really nice, modern or character rooms, excellent food which is very important, near or on the beach and allows kids. Could anyone suggest something for 2 adults, 2 kids that might fit this criteria?
It really depends a lot on budget and how old your kids are, but here are some specific recommendations based upon MY criteria which are:
1) Good food, but has to be self service buffet: because we don't want to sit around at the table with two young boys getting impatient while they wait for food
2) An apartment hotel - so the room is a mini apartment with space to sit and a ideally separate bedroom for the kids rather than converting the lounge sofas
3) Excellent pool
4) Plenty of activities should the kids want to take part
5) Near a town for excusrsions, but quiet in itself
6) Close to a safe beach
8) Daily maid service so the wife has absolutely nothing to do in terms of tidying and cleaning (she's a teacher and works every weekday night until about 10:30 doing lesson preparation and marking)
9) Budget of about £4k - £5k total including flights and full board or fully inclusive
On that basis we have had some good experience with Iberostar Hotels, specifically:
1) Iberostar Albufera Park
2) Iberostar Cala Barca
(pools not the best but OK) a bit cheaper than above
3) Royal Son Bou Family Club
(3) is not an Iberostar, but on the experience elsewhere I would have no problem going to any other Iberostar as the standards seem very high.
All of those three hotels are incredibly clean and well organised.
If these suit PM me if you want more info.