View Single Post
      02-03-2013, 03:46 AM   #1
parapaul
Colonel

Drives: E91 330d M Sport

Garage List
Talking Today's tyre bargain!

I need a new pair of rear tyres anyway, the ones I have on are getting close to the wear bars so it's going to be sometime in the next few weeks that they need changing.

Since changing to non-RFT I've gone through a pair of Falken 452 in just under 10k miles, and a pair of Kumho KU39, also in just under 10k miles. For the record, I've had 'premium' tyres on other cars in the past, and in comparison, the Falkens and Kumhos have been absolutely fine in terms of grip and comfort.

I've used Event Tyres for years now, because I find their prices as cheap as anybody else, I love the convenience of the mobile fitting, and without fail, the fitters are competent and careful. I was just browsing the usual suspects this morning though - Camskill, Blackcircles etc - in search of savings and couldn't pass up this offer.

Bearing in mind the Falkens and Kumhos are around 140 each, I found Goodyear F1 Assymetric 2 on Blackcircles for 166. Not bad. With 4 clubcard points per 1!

So, for only a few quid more than I was going to spend anyway, I've got better tyres, and 1300 worth of clubcard points! Result!

Linky