View Single Post
      02-03-2013, 04:07 PM   #18
1QuikWS6
No 55mph

Drives: 09 E92 328iX N51 3-Stage

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundel335 View Post
Since the PE is muffler-only, any vibrations coming from the FRONT of the car would not have anything to do with the PE, unless they completely removed the entire exhaust system to install the PE muffler, which isn't very likely.
Both E90 & E92 N51/N52 BMW PE systems include resonator delete midpipe in addition to the muffler

You cut off the stock exhaust about 6in back from 2ndary cats, and the PE midpipes clamp on - then PE muffler clamps to midpipe.

So they definitely mess with components under the front of the car, including the brace that runs under the midpipes toward the front

Components vibrating in the cabin is not drone, & is not normal after PE install. I have zero drone with PE on my 09 328iX & no vibration - installed it myself to ensure it was done correctly...
2009 328ix E92//SGM//ACS Roof Spoiler//MTech Aero Lip+Trunk Spoiler//M3 Side Skirts//CF Roundels+Grilles//M3 Novillo Interior//Perf Shift Lever+Boot//MPerf DCT Wheel//M3 GT3 eBrake Handle+Boot//ACS Pedals//M3 Mirrors//LCI Tails w/LUX Rev//DTEC V7 AE+MTec 6000K D1S+HPB HID 6000K Fogs//HPB LED Interior//RPI Scoops//CF Euro Airbox+Underhood Hsgs//K&N//BMW PE//MTech Rear Bumper-iS Sport Diffuser//CF Strut Brace//Vishnu OFT//BMW 193M's+Kumho 4X
1QuikWS6 is offline   United_States