RequestTheOverhead
Going Mach Chicken

Drives: e90 pre-LCI 335

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sy2767
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbillytalent View Post
Our accelerators are fly by wire, there is no hard connection to how your fuel is injected. Your ECU does all the thinking for you. whether or not you've got the pedal pegged or not won't do anything until after the vehicle has been started.
I know this, but some drive by wire cars will open the butterfly in the throttle body while the engine is cranking because of the signal it is receiving from the accelerator pedal sensor allowing air to enter the engine, they think BMW's operate on this theory but our cars don't use a conventional throttle body, valvetronic takes the place of the throttle body in allowing a metered amount of air to enter the engine. When we push on the accelerator pedal in our cars it actually controls the valvetrain and not the TB butterfly.
I know this is true for the N52, but I don't know about the N54. I thought the N54's had more of a traditional TB the was drive-by-wire controlled. Could be wrong though.
| Cold, "Sport", and Luxury packages | Tinted | OEM Black Lines | JB4 | DCI | ER FMIC | Forge DV's | Custom exhaust with secondary cat delete, Magnaflow mufflers, black Dimisa Tips | Staggered 18" V718's, Matte Black | Flappy Paddles | Titanium CF Trim Wrap | BMW Performance Shifter and E-Brake Handle |