View Single Post
      02-04-2013, 11:29 AM   #31
sammk
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 2008 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Well, the E46 M3 wasn't an E90. Second, at a price point, the Mustang comes out on top. Take out $15K of the E90 price and see how the two compare.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hickoryE92 View Post
Have to disagree... the purpose of the E90 335i is not to be a drag race monster. BMW had several other priorities when making this car. Take these two to the track and see what happens? You can't compare two cars at a price point when they were both made for two ENTIRELY different reasons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
But for some reason we compare the two...

As a track car, the current Boss 302 and the $15K more expensive M3 run neck and neck in all aspects of performance.
Good points, efthree and hickory.. The price point difference is a factor to consider, but I feel the BMW's interior quality and the dead cows make up for the good portion of the price delta. The remaining price delta is the cost of entry into a BMW versus a Ford, and what I understand to be slightly better handling.

Personally I respect Ford very much and the current gen Mustang 5.0 GT. That was the only alternative when I was looking for my E92 last year. The two big reasons I didn't go the Ford route was - the 5.0 GT was less than a model year old, which means gremlins and bugs. Also, what I see as poor interiors - where I spend 90% the time I'm around my car.

I would be interested in any car that benchmarks the E92 M3 and pulls it off well at a good price point. The next-gen Mustang speculations/renderings are already out and IMO it looks too swoopy and artsy.. I'm waiting and watching..