08-30-2007, 01:32 PM   #8
silverbmwz3
Colonel

Drives: E90 335d wheelbarrow

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by roofer View Post
Insure it with BMW.

Confused only searches companies that has given them a bung, same as all the search sites, BMW were 100 cheaper than anyone else
Sorry but that is the most perverse logic and worst suggestion for buying insurance I've ever heard:

So you are saying: Ignore confused - which will show you more or less the cheapest price (bung or no bung) to go with who insured you, because they were the cheapest for you!?

3 problems with that:

i) As per my post above, if you do a few of the search engined you can cover about 95% of the market, ensuring you get the cheapest quote (who cares if they pay a bung if its cheaper)

Ii) A company that's cheaper for you won't necessarily be cheaper for me (bmw were about 100 quid more for me than my insurer and they had worse policy wording)

Iii) Shopping on price could be a mugs game, if you have to claim and you find your options aren't covered, or the excess is greater, or they don't give you a new car in first year, or they consider your 'options' as modifications and want premium for them etc etc

By all means look for a good price but then compare the small print and don't assume a company is cheaper because it was for someone else or that ALL the cheapest and best policies are on confused (privelege wasn't, and worked out best for me).