Brigadier General
United_States

Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy734 View Post
Dave,

I have that exact model, but it has 4-section legs. I really like how compact and light-weight it is. Plus, the look rally cool and I've have multiple people come up to me asking about it (since it's rare to see one).

I have had no problems whatsoever with it, except that I wish I bought a heavier-duty RRS ball head because of my 1D X. That being said, PM me if you're interested in a slightly used 3LT.

Thanks for the response.

I've already ordered the whole kit for my daughter's birthday. She'll be using it with a 5D MkII and relatively light lenses for now. B&H had a deal for the "Brian" with ballhead included for $324. It should be great for travel, but the five-section legs will mean a lot of twisting to get set up and it may not be as steady as hoped. We'll see.

In that price range, I also likeed the Manfrotto stuff, but they use their own proprietery quick release plates, none of which work with the industry standard Arca-Swiss plates. I used Manfrotto for a while and gave up over their stupid multitude of quick release systems, with no adapters allowing to use one with another.

My own Induro C-414 with Arca-Swiss Z1 ballhead has much more massive than the 3-LT.

Dave