Originally Posted by romanonj
So what are the differences? If we say they are all the same, or close to being same, what do I need to look at to justify the additional costs? I have no problem speding $400 extra for quality product, just want to be able to justify the additional costs. What are the things I look out for?
Few things to look for..
1) Where its made, i.e. quality.
2) Core that is used, size, volume, etc.
3) end tank design. rounded, cast, squared. Better rounded end tanks flow better.
4) piping that is included. Proper size, etc.
5) Size versus install time. There is always a compromise here. Larger cores require trimming while direct plug and play units are generally smaller due to the size constraints. So if you need a lot of FMIC a direct plug and play unit may not be right for you.
Lots to consider when looking at an FMIC, not just price.