View Single Post
      02-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #6
SpartanGA
First Lieutenant

Drives: TBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced46 View Post
The scope service is not a scan on the car, the tester never gets hooked to the car during a "scope" service.

Also on the N55 with a Procede on the car and it is scanned, it still will not scan the car or detect the car in the system even on MAP 0. The 2 CAN wires must be disconnected for the BMW system to ID the car. The rest of the wiring can stay, just the 2 DME wires from the Procede have to be disconnected. TRUST me on this.

They never scanned your car. I can assure you

Also for your Anti trap issue. There is a very very specific bulletin on how to fix that issue. It is NOT a window adjustment, do not let them touch your windows, its going going to fix the problem and they will probably make it worse and at worst case introduce water leaks
To be clear, the red and blue CAN bus wires can be removed ONLY and the also put unit in Map 0 and clear codes...then the car can be scanned and deemed stock electronically? What about the 12V power? Remove that prior to disconnecting the CAN wires? keep power to the Procede even after the CAN wires are disconnected?

Lastly, do you know the bulletin # for the anti-trap you mention? They did nothing to my windows...they only lubed the seals on the top itself.

I only noticed they had a little yellow/grey handheld device and looked like they may have plugged into the OBD port.

thx
SpartanGA is offline   United_States