View Single Post
      02-08-2013, 10:21 PM   #49
Jake@MOTIV
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: 135i, 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETS Michael View Post
I am curious why one couldn't run two sensors into the downpipe rather then split them just run 2 separate sensors. Does it go into some type of fuel trimming loop when they read the same? This is some of the tests we are going to be performing over the next couple of weeks.

Michael
The DME has logic in it that they work on a somewhat opposite pulsating trim. Basically - if they are post single turbo - they will read identical to each other since it will be flowing through a single exhaust (the turbine housing) before splitting back up. Since the DME will see identical readings it will "freak out" and enter wierd trimming modes. Without the opposite pulses that they get when separate the DME will not fuel properly. You would have to change the logic of the DME so that the sensors would be okay being identical.

This among other things are on the list of "to-do's" at Cobb. They do A LOT of custom logic and coding on top of just accessing and changing tables. Time is the issue and Jason and Josh are both working very hard to keep on top of as much as they can and delegate projects when needed.